Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You've been lost!

Sometimes I see people on the streets of Mbale and they say this to me: "You've been lost!" Rest assured, I'm not lost in the jungles of Eastern Africa... I just very much have been crazy busy and every time I pretend that I am about to write.... something happens. A volunteer needs to be interviewed, a project proposal needs to be discussed, a survey needs to be gone over before given out in the mountain village tomorrow, a cockroach the size of my face needs to be killed (or "Doomed" as we say in Uganda since the can of bug killer is called "Doom"... fitting if you ask me!) Who knew leading 25 people on a humanitarian adventure would be so time consuming...?

Regardless, there has been no time at ALL since I got here. Or should I say since the volunteers got here. Wave one is over and the 2nd wavers of HELP International have arrived! We now have 23 people, one guard, one cook, and a puppy named Simba. He's adorable. I love him. He must come home and be my African memento for the next 12 years.... (if anyone has anyone I can bribe in the airline industry... I'm in)

I have officially lived in Africa for almost 2 months exactly. Holy Cow. How is time going so fast? I love it here more than I ever though possible. Like seriously. The volunteers are great, the Ugandans are amazing, and I am learning so much. New goal: Im posting something everyday. Get ready. I promise.... Here is the link to our HELP blog to see some of the projects (more posts coming soon! http://ugandambale.help-international.org/

If I could show in one picture how I feel about my African adventure it would be this:



I love Uganda so much... do I have to come home....?

No comments:

Post a Comment